Everybody loves residing in clean spaces and with minimal stuff. While one cannot help themselves with the latter for their purchasing habits, the former one can be efficiently taken care of with a few simple steps! Suppose you recently fulfilled a move from Sambalpur to Mangalore, with the packers and movers in Sambalpur and now you are staying in a pool of packed cartons because only the essential boxes were unpacked. So, before you commence with the unpacking of the rest of the packages, you should do some cleaning and planning!
Here, we are talking about how you can clean up your home, if you have recently shifted to a new place. Well, all these are basic steps that you can follow for a clean and comfortable moving experience.
1. Prepare how and when to clean – Some people prefer stepping into clean homes and for that reason, they make multiple visits to their newly bought property, before they finally move in there with belongings. These earlier stopovers are to take care of the pre-moving cleaning and maintenance tasks. In some cases, when customers move into homes that previously saw tenants, the amount of cleaning and upkeep becomes more crucial. So, depending on the one that addresses your situation, you should do the needful pre-move cleaning, so that you can move into a spring-clean space the next time your move in permanently.
2. Carry out the cleaning properly – Inform the landlord of your new home about the day and time you will be visiting the new house. Keep a checklist with you for the tasks you want to accomplish for the house – for instance, the supplies you will take along with you for the initial cleaning, and keep the pointers ready for the pre-move inspection you will run at that point. There are a few important things you should be doing – thoroughly clean your new house using the cleaners and other supplies you have brought with you. Keep the mop, broom, and vacuum cleaner with you because you will essentially need these three for the process.
3. Skip the hassle by hiring experts – If you cannot manage all the above due to lack of time and countless other pre-moving responsibilities, it is better to hire cleaning and maintenance experts. Also, moving from your current home to your new place shall not be a hassle-free event for the distance of course, so it will be good if you have the professionals booked for the day when you will step into your new home. But if you want to do that yourself, you will have to manage everything on your end – from calling your landlord to planning for your halt, and your accommodation for the day.
4. Take a cue from these cleaning tips – The first time you do a clean-up of your new home, you will be done with the big cleaning that is usually conducted after a move. So, that way, you will be at ease because no post-move cleaning would be required. But here are a few things that you can consider for the day you finally move into your new home – Wipe off the dirt and dust over the floors, window panes, and other spaces that you have. The kitchen is one such space that would require another round of quick cleaning before you start arranging the kitchen supplies and food items. The same goes with your washroom, which would also call for a clean-up before you make it functional.
5. Clean and prepare for appliance installation – There are several appliances that you would be required to prepare and install in your new home after you have moved. And the most important one out of those appliances is the refrigerator. But before you install that and other appliances in their designated place, make sure the area is clean and is perfectly taking up the object. The appliance should also be wiped with a clean cloth after it is unpacked because the packing leaves marks and impressions on the object at times, so make sure you take note of that and get them installed in their right places. If the experts are doing it, just keep the floor blueprint handy so you can monitor the process.
6. Focus on cleaning the rooms before getting started – You have moved into your new home and all your belongings have reached you intact. Though you have run the first round of cleaning before moving into the place, a significant amount of deep cleaning would be needed now when you will arrange your goods in your rooms. Pick up any room or clean up all the rooms simultaneously, whichever you are comfortable with, and start:
• Pay attention to important places like the bathroom. Bring out the cleaning products and disinfectants and give a thorough wash to the basins, toilet area, taps, and knobs.
• Clean the falls, add air freshener, put up the towels, shower curtains, and arrange the bathroom essentials in their place. Your washroom should be the first one to be turned functional.
• The bedrooms should be the next place you should prepare. Before you take out the bedding materials and get ready to set up your room, you should see if it is hygienic. The walls and windows, doors, and switchboards should be disinfected.
• Remember your house saw potential buyers until the previous month, and there must have been the reiteration of people coming over and inspecting the place, so do not withhold from cleaning it well. Perform all these clean-up tasks after the experts from Agarwal Packers in Sambalpur have left!
• Similarly, you should then move on to setting up your kitchen because you will have to prepare your meals. Any other space – like your living room, the kids’ room, the garage, and storage areas in your new home should also be unsoiled gradually so you get spotless, happy vibes from your new home sooner!
Remember, most of the time, the cleanliness aspect is overlooked because we end up prioritizing packing and moving preparations, way too much. But cleaning up is extremely important and that is not just for a wonderful post-move experience but comfortable pre-move time too. Moreover, it is something that should be taken note of at all times, irrespective of the situation and time. So, always prioritize that in your life.